Wednesday, May 17, 2017

five years + mother's day weekend

My sweet husband and I celebrated five years of marriage this past friday. We took total advantage of it falling on a Friday this year. We had my sweet Mom watch both babies, and we took off (for about 2.5 hours that is) haha I know... You were expecting me to say DAYS.. Me too. 

---


see what i mean-he's like where you going momma?


---


A year ago we had planned on taking a relaxing beach getaway for our five year anniversary. Sans kiddos. But our youngest had other plans. You see, he is a tad bit different that Heidi was at this age. Not as independent, I guess you could say! Wants to nurse still at night, only wants Momma to put him to sleep. Will NOT take a bottle.. like at all! Partly I'm to fault for that one. 



Needless to say, we hung out pretty close to home this anniversary. Maybe next year we can take our trip we longed for this year. I know there will be plenty of years ahead that our kiddos will probably beg for us to leave them behind so they can be spoiled by their grandparents.  

---

Our anniversary also happened to fall on Mother's Day weekend this year. How lucky was my husband?? I mean, come on?! It was such a fun weekend with the family. 


my parents farm house on Mother's Day. 





I couldn't leave out my sweet momma. She's one in a million. 






 My mother-in-law (Dee Dee). She does so much for us. We don't see her as often as we would like to. But it makes our time together just that much more special. 




my first handmade Mother's Day card from my girl. thank you to the sweet sunday school teachers at church for this one. 





I was spoiled with donuts, and get this, a yoga traction mat that I've been asking for. Plus an awesome new pair of workout leggings. I know those don't typically belong in the same sentence, but in this blog, they do! This Momma loves some donuts. 


momma + daughter tea party


flowers for momma


a baby fruit tea bandit


Heidi fell asleep on the way home from church. So we didn't capture the cute little dressed up version of Mother's Day with the whole crew. Just me and my boy. 


motherhood = sharing your bowl of cereal with the whole tribe.




I hope all of you Momma's had an awesome Mother's Day this year. 


xo Brittany 








 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.