Tuesday, May 2, 2017

franklin street festival - weekend roundup



Hello friends. I cannot believe its finally May?! Such a fun, busy month over here. 


We have tried to keep busy on the weekends with both of the babies. It can be a little difficult venturing out with them, just one on TWO. So by Friday 
I'm like.. I need outta this house.  
Buut.. When I do venture out (Which I rarely do) ...It's usually pretty darn entertaining.

For example, on Wednesday I decided to make a Target run. As soon as I walked in, there were 0 double shopping carts for my TWO under TWO .. Not the best start. 
So here I am, pushing this cart with Heidi in the front of the buggy freaking out every time I made a stop, or decided to turn down an isle. Needless to say, she didn't like the sudden stop and go.. This child will not be found near a roller coaster. She can hardly stand curvy, hilly roads. (Gets that from her Daddy). So we cut that shopping trip short and met Daddy for lunch at Chik-fil-a. mhmmm. One of our favorite spots with the babies. 

Fast forward a couple of days to the WEEKEND..

Saturday

We had the best time this weekend with the babies and family. 
The spring street festival in Franklin is sure to always be a good one. 
It seems like most years it's always a bit rainy during the festival weekend. Well not this year. It was HOT.. Like extreme temps for the end of April. 



They had the cutest little small shops, and a ton of really precious activities for the little ones. 
Heidi's favorite part was most definitely the petting zoo. Girl loves her some farm animals.




She also did a train ride with Daddy. She thought she would like it, until they started the engine (that they literally sat right behind). Poor baby. I really wish I could have captured her face when that sucker started up. NOT PRETTY!
Good thing Daddy was there to save the day. 




We ate yummy food, drank way too many blue snow cones, and may have gotten a little too much sun. At least I did. 


This might be my new favorite picture of Heidi. 


All the sass in the world



the most handsome fellas 


she likes to bark orders.. can you tell? 
my sweet nephew in the back is like..uhh, when is she gonna stop. 




the heat started to catch up to her. Brother was already passed out on the way back to the car.



Sunday


I promise, it doesn't matter what time us parents wake up on Sunday. It could be 3 hours before church, or 30 minutes. It never fails we are stuffing the kids faces and running out the door with one shoe on, and the other in hand! 
 We made it to church..ON time (happy dance)

After church we had lunch at the delish Slim Chickens and then came home for a stormy, cozy afternoon inside. 

Those are the perfect afternoons, the babies always seem to take the best afternoon naps on Sundays.

That night John decided to make homemade pancakes. Well, let me rephrase that.. John decided to FLIP the homemade pancakes that I made.  



They turned out yummy, we even got a little clever and created a Mickey Mouse pancake just for Heidi. She could have cared less, surprisingly!
But it was the thoughtful gesture that counted. Her Daddy worked hard to pour that batter just perfectly. 


We ended our weekend with bath and bed. Such a sweet time being together. 
Now.. Bring on Friday! Hope everyone has a great week. Is it really only Tuesday??


and can you tell i love my new trucker hat?
it's a staple lately..mom hair everyday. 


Oh yeah, I o-fish-ally decided on a birthday party theme for the Big ONE! 
Lots of REEL cute pics to come. If ya get what I'm putting out there...


and this boy has had a huge improvement with standing and now taking steps along furniture.
Answered prayers for this Momma. God is GOOD. All the time. 

  
XO 

Brittany

-----























No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.