Monday, January 8, 2018

A steadfast love | 2018

Happy 2018 to all you sweeties reading my blog today. I'm excited for this year, and I really hope to bring a lot to this space in the coming months.
A few things have been tugging at me lately, and I really wanted to share with you all. I hope you will engrave it on your heart. Today, tomorrow and everyday this year. 

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end: They are new every morning, great is THY faithfulness. "The Lord is my portion" says my soul "therefore I will hope in him."  Lamentations 3:22-24

What better verse to start out the day with, or better yet, the YEAR! 
I've had such a renewed heart on all things "grateful"  and "contentment" lately. Sometimes seeing someones abundance of wealth, fame, and beauty can smack a sleepy Mama right in the face. It can make her feel like less of a person in so many more ways than one. The comparison game is NO joke in today's society. We can see what others have just by scrolling through our phones. I had to take about FIVE steps back and tell myself that what I am is enough! It's enough for me, it's enough for my children, it's enough for my husband, and it's sure enough for my God. 

He created me perfect, and without blemish, giving us all exactly what we need, and sooo much more. It's our responsibility everyday to wake up with a cup of overflowing gratitude, (coffee is good too) and thankfulness for all the things in this life we have been blessed with. I look around and I see really nice things. Nothing is broken, torn, or old. It all serves us more than well, yet in my mind all I've seen is the fact that it's not what "she has", or what "she wears". Y'all, that is the devil at his best! And you realize that all those people we try to 'compare' ourselves to must also do the EXACT same thing. 

At some point in our lives, we will feel that discontent, empty feeling, and it shows such weakness. The lack of feeding our souls with truth, wholesome thoughts and positive energy will only break us down even more! The negative thoughts will never rid our minds unless we train ourselves to live out our lives so much differently. 

If you feel like you're in this season, or have been before, I would encourage you to seriously reflect. Allow yourself to see His greatness shine through in your life. When you do that, you will see such a change of perspective. A happier, much healthier you will appear. How's that for a first 2018 blog post? Haha 

 Whatever is true, honest, just, pure, lovely, and admirable, if there be any virtue, or praise. 
Think on these things. 
Philippians 4:8

I like to think of this scripture as a check list, or guideline. Does it make you feel right in all these areas? Or do you need to back up and realize maybe you aren't seeing all the huge blessings that sit right in front of you? Or as my Mom would tell me, "reality check Brittany"! 

Love y'all dearly.



On a lighter note, our days have looked a lot like this.
| pajama days with lots of hot cocoa & endless snuggles |










P.S.  It has been bitterly cold and all we wanna do is lay around in our jams, and me in my SHERPA.
 If you live in Nashville currently, and are not living in a sherpa pullover, are you even real? 

Mine is from Sam's club and I'm not taking it off! Such a staple in my winter wardrobe. I even have two of them, thanks to my sweet husband!
_______________________


Over the weekend we celebrated my sweet niece's first birthday party. 

My sister-in-law Lauren is the creative type, she can pull the cutest parties together in no time!! 
She created this backdrop with florals from Trader Joe's. How precious!?








Flower seed packs for a party favor! Best idea ever. Such a special party for a special little girl!
Happy Birthday Avery! 

Everyone have a great week, and remember to be in the moment and savor every second of it. This time next year I guarantee you will look back and wish you had snuggled a little more, or rocked your babe to sleep a few more times! They grow way too fast!

XO Brittany 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.