Thursday, March 23, 2017

I'm back//Plus 2

Well hello friends. I'm so totally shocked at myself for being gone for so long.. Well not really!!

Seriously though..At least I've kept up with my social media (instagram at least) through the past few years. Just forgot to blog. I've been pretty busy to say the least.

Let's talk about Fertility!! So... In June of 2014 I had just completed my second IUI after going through 2 lyproscopic surgeriers for endo. And also 6 months of Lupron shots (whew...)

Still 0 luck whatsoever. We were heartbroken.


We were heading to the UP (Upper Peninsula) in MI! John's family owns a cottage on the lake there. It would be my first visit there! We had so much fun with his family. It was this trip that I had dreadfully found out the last IUI had failed... because y'all know... The lovely monthly visit showed up knocking..


We had started to talk about the next steps to come!! IVF???? We knew we needed to act quick. Especially since the surgeries were a year in the past and knew how aggressive endometriosis was to come back.

So we decided to take the month of July off.. Take a break from all things fertility. We had a busy month ahead of traveling, we just knew it would be too hard to plan dr visits in the midst of being gone so much.. I mean there were weeks that I would have ultrasounds one day..a shot the next..and come back the following day for another ultrasound!! Lots and lots of appointments!

So fast forward to the end of July 2014 to find out with the help of our almighty God, WE were expecting our first baby girl!! Which we then went on to name Heidi James.

Of course the surgeries and treatments definitely helped give us a fresh start for trying to conceive.. How awesome is it, that God would simply give us this blessing on HIS own time!

Sometimes we need to slow down, and count more on his time and reasoning!

What a huge wake up call it was.

Wanna talk about a wake up call.. Ha... Well here is comes!

So fast forward to the next summer at almost the exact same time. Little Miss Heidi was 4 months old! Yeah... you heard it right.. F O U R months. That's all!

We so surprisingly found out we would be Mommas and Dadas again. Insert really ugly crying face here.. like this one 😪 We were sobbing with joy, panic, happiness, anxiety, but mostly just how awesome our God was to do this again!

We then found out it would be a sweet baby boy! We named him John Thomas and he is all things sweet, handsome, cozy, and kind. You can catch up on all the past baby pics and firsts on instagram by the way! I've kept it all documented, Find me on IG  @brittanyminelli 




Our last beach trip without babies of our very own!


On our way to eat some lobster.. take me back!




We Look like babies ourselves.. oh my! This is funny
And horrible clarity, but y'all..it was like 3 yrs ago! 






A post to follow all about our precious ones! I promise to post in the future, present time! 

Haha but it was fun explaining where we were, and how we got here! 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.